Please help... In the example :access-list 101 deny tcp host 172.16.3.10
172.16.1.0 0.0.0.255 eq ftpaccess-list 101 permit ip any any Do the terms
"tcp" and "ip" refer to the individual protocols or the stack ? I assume
they refer to the individual protocols as you could substitute them with
"udp" or "icmp" but then surely the last statement would allow only the
individual "ip" protocol and therefore all other packets such as tcp , udp,
icmp would be filtered. Or does tcp , udp , icmp get through because it is
encapsulated in ip ? ( I hate the OSI model )  -DJ

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail_storage.html