Howard C. Berkowitz wrote:

> At 6:16 PM +0000 8/12/02, John Neiberger wrote:
> >Good point!  Forgive me, I'd only had one cup of coffee when I
> wrote
> >that.  Usually I need at least three before my explainer works
> >correctly.
> >
> >John
>

> You bring up an interesting question.  Could we have predicted
> our
> industry crash by monitoring coffee consumption by accountants,
> vendors, or venture capitalists, etc.?  There _ought_ to be a
> correlation.

How about caffeine consumption by gamers (i.e. programmers, Web designers,
etc. at dot coms? ;-) Did you happen to see the article from the Mercury
News yesterday about a drink favored by gamers called BAWLS (seriously).
It's a sweet drink with 80 milligrams of caffeine in a 12-ounce bottle. More
here:

http://www.bayarea.com/mld/bayarea/business/technology/3842507.htm

Priscilla