Anyone have any information on this one. it appears to be an option.
however, there appears to be no documentation regarding this.

Router_4(config-router)#distribute-list ?
        IP access list number
    IP expanded access list number
  WORD         Access-list name
  gateway      Filtering incoming updates based on gateway
  prefix       Filter prefixes in routing updates

Router_4(config-router)#distribute-list gateway ?
  WORD  Name of an IP prefix-list

Router_4(config-router)#distribute-list gateway qwerty ?
  in   Filter incoming routing updates
  out  Filter outgoing routing updates

I've checked the doc CD through various IOS releases, and I've searched CCO.
So far all I've found is a single reference to a particular routing platform
and unsupported commands.

Thanks