Hi all,
Just two simple but annoying PING questions.
1.      Why is it that on a broadcast medium, you can issue ping
224.0.0.5 and have all OSPF routers respond (according to CCO), but when
I do a simple ping 192.168.10.255 on the subnet, no replies are seen
from all the interfaces on this subnet? I know you'll say my brain is
getting fried from too much "rack exposure".
2.      Using a crossover to connect two Ethernet interfaces, I can ping
say RtrA's e0 from RtrB, but can't ping RtrB's e0 from RtrA. I know some
of you on the list have seen this before and have had a really
crystal-clear explanation for this.

TIA,
Elmer