James,

It depends on what kind of ISDN simulator you have.  If you have a BLink-2,
you'll need routers with S/T interfaces (ie a 2503).  If you have a Teltone
ILS-1000, you'll need routers with U interfaces.  If you have an Emutel Solo
or Teltone ILS-2000, you can switch hit (either U interfaces or S/T
interfaces, both routers must be the same type)

thanks,
-Brad Ellis
CCIE#5796 (R&S / Security)
Network Learning Inc