Elijah Savage III wrote:

> Not thinking clearly I was not thinking on my last question
> forget I
> asked. I know I will have to use ip forward-protocol udp
> command to get
> this port through but what I neglected to say was the initial
> broadcast
> is on port 42508 to the client from the server the client then
> responds
> on port 42509 to the server, then there is a rpc call of 42510
> between
> the client and the server. Do we need to use ip
> forward-protocol command
> in both directions for all 3 ports?

You have to use ip helper and ip forward-protocol for the broadcast packets.
Are you sure it's the server that broadcasts? That seems a little odd, but
it certainly could be right. So on the interface where that server resides,
confgiure the ip helper-address command. That will cause the interface to
take in the broadcast, and instead of dropping it like a router normally
would do, forward it to the helper address. The ip forward-protocol command
is at global config mode, I think.

In the case where the client sends directly to the server or vice versa, the
router should just forward normally based on the IP addresses and routing
table. The issue you need to workaround is that a router doesn't forward
broadcasts under normal conditions, as you know I'm sure.

Good luck! I've never used the product you mentioned. Maybe somebody else
has??

Priscilla