According to Cisco the 4006 SupIII does not support IPX. We were looking at
that box for our site. We passed on it because of it not having IPX.

Chris Dumais, CCNP, CNA
Sr. Network Administrator
NSS Customer and Desktop Services Team
Maine Medical Center
(207)871-6940
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

>>> "Wayne Jang"  8/20/02 8:29:02 PM >>>
Hi,

I am proposing the following LAN solution to a customer.  Does it make
sense?

-WS-C4006-S3(sup III engine)
Do I need special licenses for this?  The customer will be using IP and IPX.
I saw some licensing software for the Sup III that was around $1700 for both
IP and IPX.  I don't know that that is all about.

-One 48 port RJ45 blade for servers and workstations on same floor

-One 6 port GBIC blade (WS-X4306-GB) that will be used to connect to five
WS-2950s on different floors

-I will use the WS-5483 GBICs to connect the 2950s to the six port
WS-X4306-GB

Can anyone think of things I haven't considered?

Thanks
Wayne