From: Richard Tufaro [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2002 2:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: VPN Through PIX 6.2(2) [7:51761]

Hey all, quick question on configuring a VPN connection from an internal
connection, to an external connection. Simply put how you do it? Iv got
host on the inside that is using the Cisco VPN client software to create
tunnel to another company. Iv got to the point where he authenticates
and
creates the tunnel by inserting:

access-list inside_access_out permit tcp 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 any eq 10000
(hitcnt=3)
access-list inside_access_out permit udp 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 any eq
isakmp
(hitcnt=2)
access-list inside_access_out permit esp 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 any
(hitcnt=80)

but the problem is once he is authenticated and appears to be inside
(there)
network he is unable to connect to anything, DNS or other. Now from home
and
dial-up  its fine. Iv looked around and Cisco is saying that it was not
even
possible to create the connection with PAT (if I read correctly). Do I
need
to do something else to allow this host to be able to connect to nodes
internal to the remote network? Anyone have this working????