""Brian Zeitz""  wrote in message
> Is there any way to make IOS SLB work on a 3550? I think that if these
> switches are going to be tested in the CCIE exam, they should allow the
> feature to be used. Ill IOS SLB only work on a 6500 and 7000 series?
> There is no way to play with SLB on smaller routers and switches is
> there?

Not that I've found so far, and I believe I've been through the
documentation fairly thoroughly. I won't claim I understand everything I've
read, but the only load-balancing references I have come across relate to
sharing across vlans and etherchannel links.

Right tool for the job? The 3550 has been deemed pretty much an access
switch. Cisco sells lots of other expensive things to do load sharing among
multiple servers.

Lastly, the CCIE Lab cannot possibly test everything of importance or
relevance. When trying to detemine Lab content, one question to ask might be
"what about this technology or feature can become complex in an interaction
with other equipment and other features?"

In other words, the CCIE Lab is not necessarily about configuring features
on equipment, but rather about successfully implementing a complex scenario.
It is true that there is some monkey work there, but it is far more true
that configuration requirements are designed to test one's ability to think
through implications. A particular requirement might state that you have to
do A. What it will not state is that as a result of doing A, you have to add
knobs B,C, and D, or else your redistribution is hosed, or your DLSw peers
flap, or you are now seeing routes that you should not be seeing.

HTH

--

www.chuckslongroad.info

still  a  work in progress,