I thought I should share some info with the group, especially those
interested in pursuing the Security CCIE. I passed the written last week,
and the system finally updated last night so that I could register for the
lab. By the way, all lab types can be registered for on the web now.
According to the online system, the first available date to take the
Security lab in San Jose (the only North American site that offers the
Security lab) is, ironically, April 1, 2003. That is over 7 months away.
Extrapolating, if I have to schedule another date (I'm not so arrogant to
assume I will pass the first try, but you never know...) I won't be able to
take it again until November 1, 2003. I don't know if Cisco is planning to
add more seats in San Jose or other locations anytime soon, so if you are
thinking about taking the Security lab you better plan ahead, way ahead.

My $0.02,
John Dorffler
CCIE #6677