The only two places that offer this test is San Jose
and Brussels. As you know SJ does not have an opening
until April. Brussels has their first opening.... next
week! My company only has a certain amount of money
alloted for these test so I can either take it in
October or wait until after February. Since I don't
feel like waiting I've gone ahead and signed up for
Brussels on October 17. That gives me a month and half
to get ready. I wasn't prepared to take it so soon so
I guess I better catch up!

Michael Le, CCIE #6811

--- John Dorffler  wrote:
> I thought I should share some info with the group,
> especially those
> interested in pursuing the Security CCIE. I passed
> the written last week,
> and the system finally updated last night so that I
> could register for the
> lab. By the way, all lab types can be registered for
> on the web now.
> According to the online system, the first available
> date to take the
> Security lab in San Jose (the only North American
> site that offers the
> Security lab) is, ironically, April 1, 2003. That is
> over 7 months away.
> Extrapolating, if I have to schedule another date
> (I'm not so arrogant to
> assume I will pass the first try, but you never
> know...) I won't be able to
> take it again until November 1, 2003. I don't know
> if Cisco is planning to
> add more seats in San Jose or other locations
> anytime soon, so if you are
> thinking about taking the Security lab you better
> plan ahead, way ahead.
>
> My $0.02,
> John Dorffler
> CCIE #6677