Yeah, you're definitely being naive.  Between the hardware and software that
is required to build one, I dont think it's something you could do in your
spare time.  Maybe during the course of 2-3 years and trying to reverse
engineer an existing ISDN simulator you could build one.  But for the $$$, I
dont think it would be worth your time.

thanks,
-Brad Ellis
CCIE#5796 (R&S / Security)