Howard C. Berkowitz wrote:

> At 8:56 PM +0000 9/8/02, Chuck's Long Road wrote:
>>http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/625/ccie/certifications/routing.html#45 )
>>it would be possible for there to be IP phones. However, and again checking
>>CCO (
>>http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/625/ccie/certifications/voice_faqs.html#2
)
>>at present the only phones are analogue.
>>
>>Cisco tends to make announcements as to content changes several months in
>>advance. Until it apears on CCO, all one has is speculation.
>>

> That information should pretty much tell you how to prepare.

Am I reading the info at the URLs correctly: If analog phones are or might
be used in the CCIE labs, how would that work? The only thing I can think of
is a switch that has an analog DSP with an analog phone plugged into it, or
router that has an FXS or FXO module. Is that right?

Who knows, they might even change the name of CCIE R/S to CCAE (Cisco
Certified AVVID Expert). Not really, but it sure looks like that cert
requires more AVVID at each rev.

-- TT