Are you applying it to the incoming traffic or outbound traffic?

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
Elijah Savage III
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2002 5:33 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Internal Users ping through a PIX [7:52962]

Ok guys I am on my last leg with this one I seen a ton of examples but
can't seem to get it working what am I doing wrong here.

All I want is my internal users to be able to ping through the firewall
to the net, but external users not be able to ping.

Here is the last example I used that does not work.
http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/110/single-net.shtml

!--- Create an access-list to allow pings out and the return packets
back in. access-list 100 permit icmp any any echo-reply access-list 100
permit icmp any any time-exceeded access-list 100 permit icmp any any
unreachable

!--- Apply access-list 100 to the outside interface. access-group 100 in
interface outside

pixfirewall# sh version

Cisco PIX Firewall Version 6.1(3)

I appreciate your help.