Hi All,

Have a 3005 setup to connect my branch sites. Have noticed today whilst
connecting a new site, that the routing table on the 3005, was showing a
strange table.

The 3005 (will call tok.ra from now), is saying that the route to my remote
site is via the (a 10.10.x.x network), is not via the next hop router on the
remote site, but via my internet router. I adjusted this thinking that there
is no way in the world, that this traffic is going via the internet path,
and changed it to relect the next hop router on the other side of the
tunnel.
As soon as I changed this, traffic between the sites stopped. I tried every
possible next hop router with my colleague in the remote site, and nothing
would work. As a last resort, I changed the next hop router, as my internet
router.......Things started to work again.

This is not right to me. To me this states that the packets destined for the
remote branch, are going via the internet router and not using the VPN link,
however without the VPN in place, its not possible to route to the 10.10.x.x
network (unless I have it locally which I dont)...

Any one have any thoughts..Is it a bug in the VPN concentrator software,
again ??? Am I stupid and not seeing it (dont answer to quick on that, my
windows sys admins have their own opinion there, however they cant
understand why there connection to the network is so slow after calling me
names, I love QoS)...

John
Sydney, Australia

visit http://www.solution6.com

UK Customers - http://www.solution6.co.uk

This email message (and attachments) may contain information that is
confidential to Solution 6. If you are not the intended recipient you cannot
use, distribute or copy the message or attachments.  In such a case, please
notify the sender by return email immediately and erase all copies of the
message and attachments.  Opinions, conclusions and other information in
this message and attachments that do not relate to the official business of
Solution 6 are neither given nor endorsed by it.