Hi all,

I have a 2950-24 switch that I have set-up monitoring (spanning) on. This is
not a problem.
The particular port that is the destination goes into and " up
down(monitor)" state when the commands are enter. This is normal I assume.
The local server get the necessary port information from the monitored
ports.
This particular port is connected to a server running some other vendors IDS
system. It is also a file sharing server.

Problem is that no-one can connect to the server in monitor mode. Is there a
way that the port can be spanned as well as being used for file sharing??
The commands on the switch are all done in global config mode and there are
very limited options
I have told the client to separate the 2 "services" onto 2 different
machines, but they are not wanting to do this.

Any ideas for a workaround or should I just tell the client that it is not
possible??

Thanks in advance

Andrew