Folks,

I have a friend that has a CiscoWorks IPM running on a LAN monitoring a
couple
of routers with STM-1 ATM interfaces on it (3 in one, and 2 on the other
one).
It monitors latency between this routers and the routers on the other end of
th ATM interfaces (different routers).

He's telling me that on the latency graph, it is on an average of 30ms, and
sometimes the latency of an interface just bursts up to 500ms and sometimes
up
to 1s. This will happen on a per-interface basis, I mean, it won't happen at
the same time for all the interfaces, but happens randomly between the ints.
The interfaces are running on 80~100Mb each, and the router is on 20% CPU
usage. The queues stays on 0 during these latency bursts.

Does anybody have any idea on what can these bursts be? Once it is using RTR,
it cannot be a problem on the LAN environment where the IPM sits, am I right?
And the interfaces, although they are running on 100mb, they are not on 100%
and there should be no latency before the interface is full, right?

Any ideas?

TIA

Persio