Eddie,

There is no VPN involved. I don't think its a MTU problem.  I am trying to
find a similar command to the IOS Firewall's "ip inspect name ..."
(Inspection rule for CBAC) for the PIX.  I need to increase the idle timeout
for the telnet application.

However, I found your MTU explaination very informative.  Someone mentioned
to me about a VPN/MTU problem but did not go deeper into the cause.  How did
you resolve this MTU problem?  Is there any writeups on this problem?

KR