There's a huge market for used Cisco gear and the prices on the used market
are WELL below list....I wouldn't worry about the equipment being stolen
unless the prices are well below the standard used price range.  Go to ebay
and do a search of closed auctions for the items he's selling and compare
the average prices there to what he's offering.

Craig