Let me firmly advise you against talking to Cisco about stolen
equipment.

  There is a huge theft ring operating in the Bay area right now -
mostly they defraud honest broker/dealers with dumpster grade gear but
they have previously been involved in a variety of corruption - drugs
for hot equipment from janitorial staff, cash under the table to Cisco
employees at the Brennan(sp?) facility, faulty  unserialized gear
leaking from destruction facilties, and big time freight theft - 53'
trailers & associated semis just vanishing from Cisco storage lots.

  There was a $5 * MEG freight theft from Netro last year which led to
the breakup of the Roohparvar brothers money laundering operation in San
Jose and a variety of other scumbags going on extended state sponsored
vacations. I see the names Buompenserio, Bochinni, etc on the detailed
criminal complaint in connection with the Netro freight theft and
freight capers are usually mafia territory ...

  I advise you to *not* talk to Cisco because I made this mistake in
1999 after purchashing a piece of equipment from one of the little
weasels out there. I called the FBI on them after a $9700 loss but I
contacted  the authorities three days after they'd nabbed the guy
responsible for one of the semi thefts. I knew I wasn't getting my money
back but I'd hoped to at least see the perp punished - instead I got
implicated in their shenanigans.

 If your source isn't in the Bay area itself, and the prices are near
what is being charged on ebay, and you know they guy, you're probably
OK. If you want to talk in private that is cool also - I'll share names
of known losers you should avoid :-)

--
Neal Rauhauser CCNP, CCDP                       voice: 402-301-9555
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                     fcc  : k0bsd