The answer is yes.... Your company may be running transparent proxying so
that
everything that you do and places that you visit will be "cache" at the
proxy server.
Where I work, we use "squid" to cache Internet traffic and maintain a log of
what
and where "internal" users visit... Internal users can NOT tell because it is
"transparent"
 John Neiberger wrote:I now, that's a bizarre subject line. I couldn't think
of a better one
this early in the morning. :-) Here are the details...

Let's say I went to a website and downloaded a specific file, then I
subsequently cleared my cache. Once that is done, is there any way to
reasonably prove where I got that file? If I'm claiming to have gotten
that file from a particular site at a particular time, is there some
other record on the computer that might still be intact that would show
where and when I got it?

Assume this is IE on Windows XP.

Thanks,
John