Not that I know of. The timestamp of the file but it
might not be accurate. You could set up a proxy on
your PC that logs HTTP traffic I guess. You could also
sniff HTTP, etc all the time... be really out of
control but...

It seems like internet access is becoming more like a
police/big-brother thing. Extra applications on PCs
chewing up resources, people watching people and the
watchers don't know what the people do. Result is
employees are less productive because they are
constantly in fear of doing something that will raise
flags, etc when they are actually doing productive
work and busting their butt for the company.

--- John Neiberger
wrote:
> I now, that's a bizarre subject line.  I couldn't
> think of a better one
> this early in the morning.  :-)  Here are the
> details...
>
> Let's say I went to a website and downloaded a
> specific file, then I
> subsequently cleared my cache.  Once that is done,
> is there any way to
> reasonably prove where I got that file?  If I'm
> claiming to have gotten
> that file from a particular site at a particular
> time, is there some
> other record on the computer that might still be
> intact that would show
> where and when I got it?
>
> Assume this is IE on Windows XP.
>
> Thanks,