Hi,

I did not read CCIP edition. And I read (original?)
MPLS and VPN Architecture. I have also Advanced MPLS
Design,but MPLS exam not require such deep knowledge.

I had studied as following step.

Read MPLS and VPN architecture twice.
Attend MPLS course and I make a note with
 MPLS course book. It greatly helped me.

And I went to exam and failed. ;) My score was
more below 100 points to passing socre.

I really shocked cause I have never fail Cisco Exam
until this day. Really nightmare. I think it is more
tougher than CCIE written exam. *sigh*

Cisco seems put some emphasis around ATM related notion
and MPLS-VPN with OSPF,BGP.

I have a weak point,and there is so few quiz about
MPLS,so I go Sybex Book. I only used for reinforce
my weak point around ATM and want more quiz to
find my shortcoming.

I have ton of ATM related quiz,so I must get rid
of my ATM weak point.

The content of Sybex book is no so deep,so I agree
to read Sybex book does not help you much.
I bought Sybex Book to check my knowledge by
another angle different from Boson quiz.

Semiliterate knowledge and cramming does not any
help you with this exam. Solid understand only
help you.

Even if you have not MPLS-enabled router,
you can try to MBGP for understanding VRF related
notion. Even Cisco 2500 router have a MBGP feature.
I suggest you hands-on MBGP with your router.

Finally I have passed,but I got only 10 points over
the passing score. ;) How lucky and close shave!