""B.J. Wilson""  wrote in message
> Hey Spongebob fans -
>
>     I've noticed a couple of "new" access-list ranges (1300-1999 and

CL: works precisely the same way as access-lists 1-99

> 2000-2699), which may not be all that "new," but they're ones I've never

CL: works precisely the same way as access-list 100-199

> encountered before.  After a cursory search on CCO, I can't find any
> documentation that really explains what they really do.

CL: Router_7(config)#access-list ?
  1-99            IP standard access list
  100-199         IP extended access list
  1300-1999       IP standard access list (expanded range)
  2000-2699       IP extended access list (expanded range)
  ( a few omitted )

CL:   there are cases, particularly in complex enterprises and service
prover environments, where more access-lists are required for various
reasons. QoS, VPN, NAT, various security settings, customer requirements or
committments, etc.

Anyone have any