so far as I know, the connector is not "really" a db9. It is a token ring
media filter

Reading the unit I use, on the "db9" side, TX is on wires 5 and 9, while RX
is on wires 1 and 6.

On the "rj45" side, TX is indicated as wires 3 and 6, while RX is using
wires 4 and 5.

What happens between the RJ side and the DB side, I do not know.

--

www.chuckslongroad.info
like my web site?