I just acquired a 4000 router and can't get it to respond through the
console port. As usual in this case, I suspect I have a cable problem. I
thought I needed a straight through DB9-DB25 modem cable, but it doesn't
seem to work. I want to make sure I have the right cable before I start
chasing other possibilities. Is this in fact the right cable? I have
searched the archives and looked at several CCO links without a clear answer
(maybe I'm just not smart enough to understand what I'm reading :-)). What
I'd really like is something ultra-simple, like "db-25 pin2 to db-9 pin3"
and so on. Can anyone point that out to me? TIA.