At 2:58 PM +0000 9/30/02, Don wrote:
>Rather than run OSPF to customers, it is generally much better to have
>them use a default route to the ISP and for the ISP to run static routes to
>the customer.  OSPF to the customer is a huge land mine for the ISP and
>should be avoided in almost every case.
>     Don

I agree completely with Don that an ISP _never_ should link its IGP
to that of the customer.  Don't fall into the trap of assuming that
BGP needs a full routing table or will consume excessive resources.

I remain confused why a default route wouldn't serve, unless there
are multiple connections between the ISP and customer. By "send the
block to the customer," do you mean the block is in the customer's
space?  You could certainly use a second static route, which can be
generated automatically as part of your address assignment (see my
NANOG presentation,
http://www.nanog.org/mtg-9811/ppt/berk/index.htm).

If that's not appropriate, have the customer announce his two blocks
to you with BGP and receive default from your BGP.