Get the Caslow CCIE book and the Hutnik & Satterlee CCIE Lab Study
Guide (119 hands on labs) as a minimum.

  The McGraw Hill Cisco Access Lists Field Guide is pretty good, you
need the official Cisco Press BCMSN book for switching, the BCRAN book
has some fluff but it does parallel the exam pretty closely.

  I used the http://www.boson.com exams for prep and I found them to be
dead on for all four exams.

  To handle 75% of the Hutnik & Satterlee labs you'll need a router with
four serial ports to serve as a frame relay switch, two other routers
with at least one serial port, and some sort of ISDN access. If you can
roll the fourth router I think it covers all the lab bases.

  ISDN is the big trick for CCNP if you don't have hands on with it -
try and get a single line for home and share the spids between two 2503s
using an NT1 - much cheaper to pay six months of ISDN service than to
find a teltone or adtran box for ISDN emulation.

--
Neal Rauhauser CCNP, CCDP                       voice: 402-301-9555
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]                     fcc  : k0bsd