Well said. I'm glad you corrected yourself. ;-) Frame Relay is
connection-oriented. An end point can't send data until a virtual circuit
has been established. But it doesn't offer a reliable service. If a frame
arrives damaged, the recipient knows this (because the FCS doesn't match the
sender's), but the recipient simply drops the frame. An upper layer, such as
TCP, would have to notice the lack of ACK and retransmit. Frame Relay does
error detection, but no error correction.

Priscilla Oppenheimer
www.troubleshootingnetworks.com
www.priscilla.com