This thread brings to mind a question I've had for a while.

It appears sometimes that a lot of people think ATM is difficult to
understand, implement, support.

Why is it that?

My ( albeit limited ) exposure to ATM from the customer side is that ATM is
basically every bit as easy to set up and run on your typical WAN as frame
relay. Yes there are some additional bells and whistles which can become
complex as you do more complex things. And obviously, complex corporate
networks might make use of a lot more ATM specific features.

But in general, you set up the PVC's, configure the IP address ( or enable
bridging ) and do everything else pretty much the same was as you do with
frame relay.

Any thoughts?

Chuck

--

TANSTAAFL
"there ain't no such thing as a free lunch"