Sam,

Since NetFlow is an L3 technology, it won't be supported on the 3500XL.  You
don't need it here anyway.  You enable NetFlow at any L3 device which a
workstation may use as its gateway to the rest of the network/Internet, and
at your ASBR(s).  As for the 2948G-L3, I'm not sure if its supported under
CatOS; I coudn't tell you for sure one way or another without looking into
it further.  I do know that in IOS, NetFlow requires that you have an IP+
feature-set.

Greg Reaume

""sam sneed""  wrote in message
So everyone seems to recommend Netflow. I don't know much about it but I'll
only ask these basic questions and research the rest:

My switches are 3548XL  and 2948g-L3 switches. Is netflow supported on these
by default or do I have to buy some feature package?
Could I just enable it on these models?

2948>sh ver
IOS (tm) L3 Switch/Router Software (CAT2948G-IN-M), Version 12.0(7)WX5(15a)
RELEASE SOFTWARE

Cisco3500-3>sh ver
IOS (tm) C3500XL Software (C3500XL-C3H2S-M), Version 12.0(5)XU, RELEASE
SOFTWARE (fc1)

thanks a bunch.