Someone changed the MTU size and now Outlook won't work!

                -----Original Message-----
                From:   The Long and Winding Road
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
                Sent:   Wednesday, October 09, 2002 1:03 PM
                To:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                Subject:        Friday Follies On Wednesday - what's the
problem? [7:55218]

                Saw this one today. It caused me to scratch my head in
puzzlement for a
                moment, until I remembered something.

                Today's puzzle - why was I scratching my head in puzzlement,
and what was it
                I remembered?

                High levels - you don't get to play. Let the newbies try
their hands.

                "During the maintenance window, a  XXXX Company engineer
loaded an incorrect
                routing table into a Cisco router. This mis-configuration
was propagated
                across the XXXX network resulting in major link failures.
As a result,
                links become overloaded and for all practical purposes were
shut down.  It
                appears that Cisco's involvement was limited to TAC support
to help resolve
                the outage. A router mis-configuration during XXXXX
Company's maintenance
                window caused the outage.  Cisco Hardware and IOS software
problems are not
                factor."
[EMAIL PROTECTED]