From: Rajesh Kumar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 11:40 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Redistribution metrics. [7:55297]

Hi all,

Everytime I get confused with this metrics while redistribution :

The scenario is this :

1.  Redist from OSPF to EIGRP.

    router eigrp 1
        redis ospf 1
        default-metric 1544 100 255 1 1500

    router ospf 1
        redis eigrp 1 subnets
        default-metric 25

What difference does it make when I say "default-metric 10000 100 255 1
1550" instead of the above.

Does the metrics  points to the destination interface ( metrics ) where
it is redistributed into  OR it points  where the routes are originated
from ( ethernet interface or serial int )?

Thanks,
Rajesh