From: Mike Peterson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 10, 2002 12:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Sorry for first posted email ....Need help with this scenarios
[7:55293]

Dear All,

    We do have two sites (LIC and 45). one with MSFC2

   and 2600 and one with RSM and 2600. .These sites are connected via T-3
and

   T-1. We would like to use the T-1 as a backup in case T-3 fails .We
want

   just only one segment (10.120.0.0/16 from 45 to go over T-1 to LIC

   segment which is 120.0.0.0 this is our Back Office services that we
need

   to have protected and insure that it is  operational all the times
given a

   sudden failure on the primary link T-3).

   We want a solution to this problem by using Static Routes and

   Administrative Distance.

   Note: Please, be advise that the IP addresses might not be the right

          one. (Those IPs we came up with are just samples.)

          Another consideration is that we have to deal with bridging irb

          too so would you please think at anything that we are missing
but solve

         our problem.

We want to see this scenarios from another angle and to consider another

 way of achieving our goal (we might need to use IP of Loop back
Interfaces on

both : RSM and MSFC ,or to use IP address of VLAN 20 on one site and VLAN
120

 on the other site, also the use of access list too ) by using static
route

and administrative distance.

Also, you might want to use different IP scheme and also keep in mind
that in

LIC site (vlan 30) the Gateway is 130.0.5.1 and 45 (vlan 120) the GW IP:

is 10.120.9.1 and is configured in all the workstations.

Any help or input it will be GREAT.

Thank you,

Mike P.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

--------------------
--------------------

                                 172.16.20.2/24
172.16.20.1/24

           RSM
                                                    MSFC

-----------------------T3--------------------------

--------------------
----------------------

|    10.120.0.1/16

120.0.0.0/16

10.120.0.0/16

GW:120.0.5.1
| GW: 10.120.9.1

                 |  120.0.0.1/16

10.120.0.1/16

------------------------
-------------------------

          LIC
                                                            39

-----------------------T1----------------------

192.168.11.2/24
192.168.11.1/24

--------------------------
---------------------------

     Here are our main configs:

                 RSM  ( is configured with 10 VLAN interfaces and two
vlans does bridging irb which are not

                             Concerned in this case, also use frame relay
)

                     Create another subint  : # int serial 1/0.145

                                                               Ip address
172.16.20.2/24

                                                               Frame-relay
int-dlci  145

                                                              Router
eigrp 5

                                                              Network
172.16.20.0 0.0.0.255

                                                             #ip route
10.120.0.0 255.255.0.0 120.0.0.1 250

                 MSFC (is configured with 10 VLAN interfaces and two
vlans does bridging irb which are not

                               Concerned in this case, also use frame
relay )

                     Create another subint   #int serial 3/0/0.145

                                                            Ip address
172.16.20.1/24

                                                             Frame-relay
int-dlci 145

                                                             Router eigrp
5

                                                              Network
172.16.20.0 0.0.0.255

                                                            #ip route
120.0.0.0 255.255.0.0 10.120.0.1 250

                 LIC : (DOES ONLY STATIC ROUTE NO DYNAMIC ROUTE)

                                              # ip route 10.120.0.0
255.255.0.0 192.168.11.1

                 45 (Does only static route and no DYNAMIC ROUTE)

                                              # ip route 120.0.0.0
255.255.0.0 192.168.11.2

[GroupStudy.com removed an attachment of type application/msword which had a
name of TOPOLOGY FOR T1 AS A BACKUP FOR T3.doc]