On Feb 17, 11:35am, "Priscilla Oppenheimer" wrote:
}
} I learned voice from Randy Fischer, a brilliant engineer and helpful
teacher
} who works for Advanced Network Information, a Cisco training partner. Well,
} at least he used to work there. I haven't talked to him in ages.
}
} His way to help us remember what goes into what is to always remember that
} FXS talks to FXO and a telephone is office equipment. Look at  your desk.

     Yes, you can connect an FXS port directly to an FXO port.

} You have a computer, a telephone. It's office equipment. So it plugs into
an

     This is extremely silly.  Telephones are found in all sorts of
places:  houses, cars, offices, outdoors, etc.  Does this mean that the
type of device that a telephone is depends on where it is physically
located?  In any case, this is telephony terminology.  A telephone is
most definitely not an Office device.  An Office is what the telco has
(i.e. CO -- Central Office).  A telephone is a Station.

}-- End of excerpt from "Priscilla Oppenheimer"