Just thought I would add a little bit more.

You may want to consider looking at 4500 (or 4000,4700) series routers.
They are modular and have pretty much equivalent processing power to
2600/3600 series routers (but not the architecture).  They have a fairly
good range of modules available to them at a lower cost than 2600/3600
modules. The main downsides (in my opinion) are their size, and the lack
of voice support. Other than voice they still have good IOS feature
support (better than 2500s, including some MPLS edge features).

You may also want to consider MC3810 routers. These can be pretty much
considered as 2600s with only a limited selection of modules / options
but with good voice hw/sw support.

MC3810s and 4000/4500/4700 routers can all be obtained fairly cheaply on
ebay.

Regards

        Peter