""John Brandis""  wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Got this problem. Have a site at the moment, site a running the 172.17.x.x
> networks. Management has just informed me that we have just acquired an
> empty building down the road, site b. The idea is that we move all servers
> and core infrastructure to site b over a series of weekends.  After the
> move, we will sell site a.

CL: hope the rats, rabbits, and walabees don't follow you to the new site
:->

> In order to do this, I will need to move all servers , using the same IP
> scheme to building b, thus I will need to have something that resembles a
> LAN, between 2 buildings, connected via a frame relay link (telstra tpips)

CL: don't you have some high speed alternative like gigabit available? is
this a contract / term / price issue?

> Is there any way possible, to have something like a bridged network
between
> the 2 buildings that will permit me to use the same IP scheme, utilize the
> VLAN's in use in site A, when I move to site b.

CL: sure - easily done. in the Cisco world you just need to add the
frame-relay map bridge 16(dlci) ietf broadcast etc commands on the physical
interfaces.

> Thanks all for your help
>
> When chuck wakes up, I will give you the whole story on this as he would
> love to hear my fights with non technical managers.

CL: whaddaya mean "when I wake up? I never sleep! I do spend a lot of my
time in the office contemplating designs and customer issues, something I do
best with my feet up on the desk and my eyes closed.... ;->