Robert,

Have the VLAN for these users route to a DMZ interface on your PIX
rather than the layer 3 switch.  Set the security level of that
interface to 1 (just higher than the outside).

If you don't specify an ACL on that PIX interface, you should be able to
use PIX security levels to automatically deny access to the internal LAN
while permitting access to the internet.

Thanks,
Shawn

Robert Edmonds wrote:

> I work for a county government.  As part of building a new courthouse, I am
> tasked with providing attorneys in courtrooms with Internet access through
> my network.  Of course, I would like to provide them access to what they
> need while blocking access to our internal network.
> My network is setup in the following manner:
> In the new courthouse, the MDF has a 3550-12G acting as the root switch for
> the building, and has the layer 3 image.  It connects directly to my core,
> with a 6506 with Sup2 and MSFC2, which in turn connects to my PIX 515 for
> Internet access.  I plan on creating a separate VLAN for the public
Internet