""Kaminski, Shawn G""  wrote in message
news:200210210329.DAA32381@;groupstudy.com...
> Sorry for the misunderstanding, guys. I got to thinking more about this
and
> I guess I wasn't thinking of the MSFC, just the 6500 switch itself. I work
> with 6000's with MSFC's and it should have slapped me in the face right
away
> that there were similarities. There's this big mystical thing right now
> regarding these 3550's and I was having a hard time seeing anything being
> used in place of them! This information is good to know!

CL: once people get their hands on a 3550 in a rental rack, and run through
a couple of scenarios, I think all this nervous nellie stuff will disappear.
Personally, I am quite please that my CCIE Lab prep is now covering
materials and concepts that I can also use with my customers. While I was
writing my whate paper for a particular study place I got really uiced about
what I was seeing. For the first time in a very long time, the CCIE Lab is
for the most part testing forward looking technologies, and not a bunch of
obscure protocols of little relevance to most of the data world. Now if they
would just drop DLSw ;->