Patrick Donlon wrote:

> Should I enable or disable spanning tree or set to port fast on
> fast
> etherchannel ports connected to a windows server?

Definitely use portfast if you can on an etherchannel interface. I wouldn't
disable spanning tree, however. It's too easy to by mistake turn on bridging
on some Windows versions. It's also too easy to by mistake insert a switch
when you meant to insert a hub between the current switch port and the
server. In some topologies, you could cause a loop that STP wouldn't find if
you had disabled it....

Priscilla Oppenheimer
www.troubleshootingnetworks.com
www.priscilla.com