Is it possible to do HSRP, not MHSRP with VLAN-Spanning Tree Load balancing.
I have multiple VLANS, each Vlan/Subnet assigned to the IDF.  IDF switches
then connect to (2) 6500 backbone switches that is also performing
routing/layer 3.  I know I can do vlan load balancing by making odd vlans to
take (1) 6509 route and even vlans to take (2) 6509 path to reach the server
farms.  On top of it, I also want to implement HSRP just for the redundancy
purpose.  If one of the back bone switches goes down, layer 2 will not be
affected, but users default gateway will have to be changed to point to the
other backbone switch.  HSRP is the only option to avoid that.   Someone
said HSRP can't run in parallel with  vlan-spanning tree load balancing.
Thanks Az

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com