Hi all,

I actually thought of this question while working with VRRP on Foundry
kit. I came across a query, and thought 'I bet Cisco isn't this cr*p at
it'.
This is very possibly me as I played with VRRP for the first time today,
but I've not found the answer yet with Cisco either.

The set up is simple:

A couple of routers running VRRP, with a network on the other side of
them running OSPF.

If the master router goes down, (or for that matter, an interface being
tracked goes down), the backup takes over. If the master comes back up
it immediately takes over as active again, even though it hasn't got
half of its routes yet (OSPF is still doing its thing), so ruins things
for a while.

Now OSPF has sorted itself out again, and everything's OK - but suppose
the master goes down again, and the back up takes over.
If the master flaps my VRRP destroys the subnet it's being used for.

I've messed with "vrrp 1 preempt delay 60", but this seems to be for
backup routers only and doesn't apply to the master.

Any thoughts?????

Gaz