Are you configuring these access-lists as packet filters only or part of
QoS?

>>> "The Long and Winding Road"
10/12/02 01:42PM >>>
the continuing saga of QoS configuration and testing

As near as I can tell, ping testing is utterly useless as a means of
testing
QoS configurations.

I have done any number of tests this morning. all of the following have
been
applied inbound on an interface:

access-list 171 deny   ip any any precedence critical
access-list 171 permit ip any any
( all pings no matter what the tos value go through)

access-list 181 permit ip any any precedence critical
access-list 181 permit ip any any precedence internet
access-list 181 permit ip any any precedence network
( all pings no matter what the tos value go through)

access-list 191 permit icmp any any precedence critical
access-list 191 permit icmp any any precedence internet
access-list 191 permit icmp any any precedence network
( all pings no matter what the tos value go through)

this certainly does explain why I can't rate limit or police or WRED or
FRED
any of the ectending ping traffic I am sending through.

ah well... on to the next chapter.

--

www.chuckslongroad.info
like my web site?