It all depends on many factors. Your learning capabilities, work experience,
access to equipment, personal life, etc. You should test yourself and be
honest
with yourself in your studies. There are materials available on the net in
regards
to different lab scenarios, some are free and some will cost you money - and
you need to
spend money. Once you do them and you feel confident with all the
technologies as well as
the methodology used in figuring out not only technical stuff but also the
way the questions
are being asked , you'll know you're ready.

As you're looking for some more specific time frames, to give you an idea I
myself
went from very light networking/cisco skills to CCNP/CCDP within 7 months of
study.
Then another 2 months to CCIE written test. To pass the lab it took more
than one try,
over 1 year after the written I became CCIE certified. Also, during all this
time I was working
with Cisco gear in networking field.

Some people do it quicker some take longer, I think my time frame would be
about average
you'd need, but it's just one man's opinion.