From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:nobody@;groupstudy.com]On Behalf Of
Shahid Muhammad Shafi
Sent: Saturday, October 26, 2002 6:52 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: Lock out by PIX [7:56342]

Hi Leo,
What ever you are writing here is simply bad period!! No the pix is useless!
meaning no access for nobody from outside. why? I ll explain in a sec.
The only way u can connect to this pix is to use console or any other
interface other than outside.
I believe u first removed ur acl corresponding to match address right? if
yes than u r locked out becasue there is no acl correspondign to match
address and the default behaviour is to encrypt everyhting and i repeat
everyhting.so ur pix is simply dropping anything which is not encrypted plus
it is so busy in enc/decryption process that it has no time to allocate
resources for your ssh sessions. if no then u should remove the entire
crypto map and should not start with match address.
This is a HAT wearing offence!! ;)
Yeah plz login via console and go from there.
Shahid

 Leo Song  wrote:Hi, there.

I connected to a PIX through Outside interface by using SSH, and to do
some changes on the VPN tunnel, first of all I remove the "crypto map
xxx match address xxx" in order to change that ACL, but just after that
I was locked out and lost the connection to that PIX, and now I can't
even ping that PIX while I can do so before, and my concern and
questions is:

1. is that PIX still working "properly", say the users could get access
Outside from Inside, and it just lock SSH out or any access from
Outside.

2. what's the general suggested methods or steps when dealing with ACL
or Tunnel changes on a PIX, in order to avoid being locked out.

3. is there any remedy sloution at present, (and I don't have physical
access to that PIX right now?

Appreciate all of your help.

Leo
Best Regards.
Shahid Muhammad Shafi
"Every man dies; not every man really lives"

remember, if God bringz u 2 it, He WILL bring u thru it!!!-

Please help feed hungry people worldwide http://www.hungersite.com/
A small thing each of us can do to help others less fortunate than ourselves