Bob,

We tried the HSRP mode at first in our 6513.  What we learned was
this:

1 - Both MSFCs must be configured the same with the exception of a few
specific parameters (IP address, HSRP parameters, Apple Talk, etc.) or
the ASICs wouldn't be programmed consistently.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007fa3c.html#43570

2 - Since we use Apple Talk, we either had to manually make sure the
two configurations were synchronized or deal with turning config sync on
and off every time we needed to change something that wasn't handled by
config sync.

3 - We didn't want to deal with the headache of manual
synchronization.

We finally decided SRM would work better for us.  Just a single
configuration to deal with.  The down side is it can take up to 2
minutes to fail over to the redundant MSFC while all the tables
repopulate.  This time period is now configurable.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps708/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008007ec13.html#33310

Hope this helps.

Ken

>>> "McManus, Robert BGI SDC"
10/25/02 04:38PM >>>
I was hoping someone could shed some light on this topic.  Right now I
have
been given the responsibility to implement this on 2 new 6513's with
dual
supII's.  I have been testing with basic configs using HSRP in addition
the Highavailabilty/configsync option.  It has been nothing but
confusing so
far...  Any info or experience with this feature would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bob