Hi Vamsi,

If you are using a cross over cable for state ful failover, make sure the
interface speeds and duplex are matched on both PIXs. Do not leave them to
autonegotiate. Such conditions usually occur, when the secondary unit is
unable to detect the primary unit and therefore assumes itself to be active.
You can check it by "show failover" command. Make sure that both PIX can see
each other.

regards,

Nadeem.
""Vamsi Krishna""  wrote in message
> Hi Mike,
>      Have you tried rebooting the Secondary PIX and check if the primary
is
> active and after the rebooted pix comesup ? What is OS version of your PIX
?

> Vamsi

PIX