Here are the books that I own and am using to prepare for the written and
lab. Along with an extensive home lab setup. After these I am pretty
posative that I will pass both on the first attempt. Nothing wrong with
posative thinking...

1. Routing TCP/IP vol 1
2. Routing TCP/IP vol 2
3. Internet Routing Architecture
4. Cisco IOS 12.0 Quality of Service
5. Developing IP Multicast Networks
6. Cisco Voice over Frame Relay, ATM, and IP
7. MPLS and VPN Architectures
8. CCIE Routing and Switching Exam Certification GUide
9. CCIE Practical Studies
10. TCP/IP Illustrated Vol. 1
11. Cisco Certification Bridges, Routers, and Switches for CCIEs

I also posses the CCNP Certification Library which was utilized to gain my
CCNP and the CCNA book written by Lamalle which was used quite a while ago
to gain a CCNA. All of this was suplimented with day to day experience. HTH