Hi Priscilla,

thanks for the help. I have found the chart you referred to and made several
calculations - it appears that the bandwidth almost triples when you don't
compress the IP, UDP and RTP headers.

Here we're pretty certain that a typical dial up modem (either 33.6 or
56kbps) have enough upstream bandwidth to handle these codecs. However, we
could greatly decrease our bandwidth requirements if we compress the IP, UDP
and RTP headers (saving money and bandwidth). However we're not sure if
winsock or whatever protocol stack unencapsulation tool on a Microsoft O/S
will be able to uncompress the IP, UDP and RTP headers. We're going to try
to set up an experiment here as well as check out the Microsoft and Cisco
websites, but if you know the answer, then that would be great.

cheers,
Matthew.