Symon Thurlow wrote:

> That's it for CCNP yay!

Congratulations

> I am going to begin CCDA and CCDP now, I
> remember reading somehwere that Priscilla's book- Top Down Network
> Design was a good read for the CCDP exam, is this correct?

Yep, an excellent book!

as an fyi I took and passed the DCN & CID exams a couple of weeks ago.

My study sequence was

Two weeks before tests

        Top down network design. - My main study materials.

Week before tests

        CXX productions CCDA materials - quite good
        CXX productions CCDP materials
                - hopelessly out of date in terms of content
                - but accurate in terms of letting you know that
                  material wasnt in current exam.

weekend before DCN exam
        Cisco Press CCDA cert guide     - Serves it's purpose well!

then
        Breeze through DCN exam

next day
        Cisco press CCDP cert guide     - Serves it's purpose well!

        panic after scoring 20% in CCDP cert guide practice test on the
day
before the test.

        Focussed reread of Priscilla's book
        Focussed read of an old version CID coursebook.
        Focussed reread of Cisco press CCDP cert guide
        Download and run Boson test #1

        Relax a bit

Final day

        Take CID test and pass
        Feel cheated because the test didnt seem difficult at all.

Hope that helps.

        Peter Walker
        CISSP, CSS1, CIPTSS, CCNP, CCIP, CCDP, etc

PS. I do NOT recommend doing things the way I did.  It's just that I am
terrible at motivating myself to actually study unless the exam is
really imminent. If I had set myself a proper study plan and stuck to it
I would probably have a much more relaxed 24 hours prior to the CID test
:-)